A reading of a piece by a Yale professor and former head of Morgan Stanley Asia arguing the U.S. dollar’s status is changing rapidly.
In it, he argues:
- Americans have been squandering their savings potential
- Because of this, we are forced to borrow surplus savings from abroad
- We have usually been able to do this on favorable terms
- That window may be coming to a close
- There could be a 35% drop in the dollar over the next two to three years
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.